Things you’ll need:
• 1 “New Work” lighting outlet box, metal
• 1 and 1/4-inch PVC schedule 40 electrical conduit
• 1 flush metal switch cover
• 1 light switch
• 1/2-inch hammer drill
• 12/2 w/Gr. ROMEX® cable
• 21/2 w/Gr. Type UF cable
• 4 duplex receptacles
• 4 flush, metal duplex receptacle covers
• 4-inch square junction box
• 5 “New Work” device boxes, metal
• Blank junction box cover
• Cable cutters
• Cable staples
• Diagonal pliers/wire cutters
• Electrical spray foam sealant
• Electrician’s screwdrivers
• Hole saw attachment
• Layout stakes
• Lineman’s pliers/Electrician’s pliers
• Mason’s cord
• Needle nose pliers
• One 20-Ampere, 120-Volt, GFCI Circuit Breaker
• One 4-foot, 2-tube, fluorescent shop light fixture
• Rough-in inspection
• Spade bits
• Trenching shovel
• Wire nuts
• Wire strippers
• Wiring permit
1. Purchase an electrical wiring grant from the AHJ. Don’t begin this task until you have the wiring allow and have it posted on display on the shed.
2. Layout the course that the underground feeder (UF) link will take from the principle administration electrical switch board to the shed. Drive the design stakes in the ground with the heavy hammer and go along with them together with the Mason’s rope. This will keep your trench straight. Burrow the trench no less than 24-inches profound every Table 300-5 of the National Electrical Code (NEC.)
3. Drill 1/4-inch openings where the link will enter the shed and where it goes into the house. Sleeve these openings with lengths of 1-inch PVC courses to shield the link from harm. This is needed by the NEC. When the link is set up, you will seal these lengths of course with splash froth to keep the passageway of dampness into the structures.
4. Route the Type UF link from the house to the shed. On the house end slice the link sufficiently long to achieve the fundamental administration board. Course the link at the edge of floor joists or opposite to the floor joist by going it through bored openings. Drill 3/4-inch openings so that the close edge of the gaps is no less than 1/4 inches from the closest edge of the floor joist. Don’t introduce the link in the administration board yet.
5. On the shed end of the link, secure the 4-inch square intersection box as near to the point of section as could reasonably be expected. Embed the UF link into the intersection box no less than 6-inches every NEC prerequisites. Mount the container gadgets uniformly around the shed. For a 12 foot-by-14 foot shed mount the first 6 feet from the entryway and the remaining containers at 12 foot interims. Since this is a shed, mount them at a stature of 48 inches over the floor.
6. Mount the gadget box for the light switch 48 inches over the floor inverse the pivoted side of the entryway. Mount the lighting outlet box as close to the core of the roof as could be expected under the circumstances.
7. Route lengths of 12/2 w/Gr. ROMEX® from the intersection box to the first container gadget box. Course segments of ROMEX® between each of the repository gadget boxes. Embed the link closes no less than 6 inches into the containers.
8. Route lengths of ROMEX® from the intersection box to the switch gadget box and structure the change to the lighting outlet box.
9. In all the cases, uproot the link’s external coat utilizing the razor blade being mindful so as to not harm the protection on the individual wires. Evacuate 1 inch of protection with the wire strippers from the finishes of the protected transmitters.
10. Make up all the joins in the intersection box. Hold the stripped finishes of all the dark wires next to each other and turn them hard together in a clockwise heading utilizing Lineman’s forceps. In the wake of winding the wires together, screw on a wire nut. Examine to make certain that no exposed copper is indicating outside of the wire nut. In the event that fundamental, uproot the wire nut and trim back the turn until no uncovered copper shows outside of the wire nut. Rehash for the white wire.
11. Splice the uncovered copper establishing wire together with a 6-inch exposed copper braid. Bond; join, the joined establishing wires to the metal box with the free end of the braid. Make a circle toward the end of the ponytail with the needle nose pincers and spot it in a clockwise course under the case’s green establishing screw. Don’t cover this case until after the unpleasant in examination.
12. Make circles in the finishes of the various stripped protected wires for the containers and switch. In all the gadget boxes make two braid joins with the exposed establishing wires and join one of the ponytails to the cases establishing screws.
13. Connect each of the containers as takes after. Associate the dark wires to the metal screws, the white wires to the silver screws and the uncovered establishing braids to the green establishing screws. Don’t introduce the repositories in the containers until after the harsh in examination.
14. Connect both dark wires in the change box to the metal screws on the switch. Graft the two white wires together and associate the uncovered establishing wires to the case and to the switch generally as you accomplished for the containers. Leave the switch hang by the wires until after the first examination.
15. Turn off the primary breaker and evacuate the spread to the administration board. Introduce the GFCI breaker. Contingent upon your board, this breaker might just snap set up or it might be secured to the Buss Bars by a screw. Uncoil the breaker’s white ponytail lead and secured the stripped end under a pressure screw on the board’s unbiased bar.
16. Install the link in the board. Associate the dark circuit wire to the metal screw on the breaker and join the white circuit wire to the silver screw on the breaker. Unite the exposed copper establishing wire to the board’s establishing bar. With the new breaker in the off position, turn on the primary breaker. Don’t close up the board.
17. Inspect wisely.
18. Install the containers and switch in the cases. Introduce the spread plates. Introduce the lighting apparatus by securing it to the container and joining the white, dark and establishing wires together. Require the last assessment.